Pinterest

Friday, December 12, 2014

Walk like a chicken and talk like a lady.

Yesterday was just like any normal American families day. Went to the school and volunteered and delivered fundraiser packages to all the classes. Lets just say the UPS drivers don't get paid enough. Packages were everywhere and some even fell off the cart as I lost control going down the slop. I was so stressed I called Payce's teacher the wrong name and I was leaving the school I realized I walked around the school and talked to all the teachers with my pants unzipped.
Got home and texted all the moms that wanted to help with the kids Christmas party at school. I love being the room mom when you have so many moms wanting to help makes life so easy. Matt called about 10am and was like babe where are you? I forgot it was parents eat lunch with 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Christmas dinner. To surprise us Matt brought subway, but couldn't stay because work obligations. So of course I jumped up ran out of the house like a crazy woman to make it on time then my phone is started ringing it was Erica on the other end saying Payce forgot her lunch. Thank God Matt bought me lunch so she ate mine. Made it to the school just in time. I love hearing about all boyfriend, girlfriend drama at 10 makes me laugh. One girl actually said that Landon told her he was to pretty to go out with her.
Thomas stayed after school Thursday for tutoring and when Payce got in the car she looked very sickly. We got home and I unloaded some bags from the car and she was asleep by the time I made it inside. So we skipped dress rehearsal for dance.
Yesterday was also our turn for the Pay it Forward. If you don't know what it is, It is a group of people called the Supremes that organize and adopted a family in a December project. Everyday they assign one person to go shopping and ship the item the next day. The idea is for the family to receive a box everyday. It is a prestige thing I think to be signed a day, if you don't get a day you donate money and on the 20th they send the money to the family. Really it is just an amazing honor to be involved. They truly capture the true meaning of Christmas and is filled through out the group everyday.
Grace and Red gave the kids Christmas Cards to send to to the 6 year old little girl in Utah collecting cards.
Today could have went down hill and it wasn't even 8am, but I decided to not let what happen control my day and get the best of me. This year I have grown so much mentally and quickly turned what could have been a day full of drama in to a day marking something off my bucket list. Ever since we moved to this area chickens are EVERYWHERE houses that is. I have never seen so many chicken trucks. At school I would always hear people say. He works at the chicken houses, I have to walk chickens today, etc. So of course I had to add walking chicken houses to my bucket list. Yep That is what I did today. The chickens were 18 days old. I can't cross it off my bucket list just yet because I want to go back when the are about 55 days old. I can't explain the smell other then overpowering at times. I only gagged once at the incinerator. It was a eye opening experience. This Chicken farm was called a Wing & Prayer I had to laugh because that is what I was thinking when I walked in my first chicken house. My experience was great and I can't wait to go back. The birds were well taken care of. It was great to see the ends and out of the business. I had to take a bath and a shower to get that smell off me. It did stink but as of now I'm still eating chicken.
The big news out of school today is Thomas straightened his hair. He even made snap chat and Instagram. Now that is big news in our small town. He looked like Bo Duke. When I picked him up I had to put my hand over my mouth. I guess he needs a hair cut
. Landon's teacher sent me this message today. Landon just came in here and sat on my couch and said hi....Im your "thermalist" may i help you....sooooo i said huh....my what???? my thermostat????  he says nooooo your thermalist...you know someone who listens when you have problems. I said....honey.....thats a therapist!!!!!!!!!!! I laugh at my kids everyday and it is great to see so many other people get to know their personalities and love and laugh at them too.
Grace and Red Were climbing the tree together. We were showing the kids that it takes team work to get to the top. You need each other and how it is important it is to relay on each other from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment