Pinterest

Friday, December 5, 2014

Our Jesus Celebration



Today Grace and Red's message was to Share the word of the Lord. We invited The Morris family over after school today for the kids to share the story of the birth of Jesus and to celebrate his life on Earth. The ages of the kids were 15, 10, 7, 7, 6, 4 and 4 month old baby. We really let the kids lead the conversation and their knowledge of Jesus. It was great to hear their take. Some read from a book and some prayed and others just talked freely. Thomas read The Christmas Angel Book, the kids were really excited to learn and hold Grace.
We had After school snacks that were a manger scene made with pretzels and kolaches, birthday cupcakes, candy canes "J" For Jesus and fruit. The punch was red of course with a ice ring made by Winter Adams. The food was perfect!
The kids presented the Morris' with a Fisher Price Little People nativity scene. And Grace and Red left the Martin's a huge candy cane That represented blood and purity. It was truly a blessed event.

Today was the last day to weigh in for dashing through the dough (fat). I was pretty happy with my weight I had only gained 14 pounds since I have stopped walking. I was able to keep 20 pounds off. We ended up with 11 ladies participating. 3 weeks and 10 pounds! I got this. Little fact about me I hate pumping gas and always have!! Well I knew the truck was close to running out of gas and Matt had a flat in his company truck and took the his truck today. Guess who ran out of gas? He had the guys from work bring him gas. My bad!
I'm still taking donations for Christmas cards and stamps. I really need stamps. December 10th is the last day! I have talked to the two banks in town and I will get the answer if they can donate stamps Monday.
Today I had one message from a blog reader that said they ordered "The Christmas Angel" because of us. I also had another one that said go by the local post office from 8:30 -11:30 there was a envelope waiting for me. I then I had a really sweet message from a local that said the most wonderful things about my family and really welcomed us to the area.
My dad is coming up for the weekend. We are going to three Christmas events. Breakfast with Santa, Christmas at the Ranch and The old fashion Christmas. We are Santa chasers this weekend. With all the boys going hunting.
The moon is beautiful tonight please go outside and enjoy one of God's creations. It is breathe taken .

No comments:

Post a Comment