Pinterest

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Frozen and Faith while snoring.


Christmas Eve was upon us and instead of waking up full of joy and excitement I woke up not feeling well. Then mom called with some sad news that one of my sister's friends son had lost his life at the age of 18 in an auto accident not far from our house. My heart truly hurt for his family. I think of how many times my boys get up early and go hunting and it could have happen to them as well. We all take for granted our love ones will come home to us.
So with that being said I wanted to make today count. I drug myself out of bed and put my game face on. See Tuesday even thought we went to what seemed like 100 store. I couldn't find Payce's snow cone maker. In a panic I bought a small fish tank and beta fish. My shopping committee mainly Julie said it was a terrible idea, but I thought what girl wouldn't love to get a fish. It was the first time she wouldn't get what she ask for on her Christmas list, but a fish makes it better right?? Well when I got up and moving I realized the fish I bought yesterday was dead. I know what you are think how in the hell did you kill a beta fish? The answer was I didn't know, but a dead fish, sick mom and no snow cone maker on Christmas Eve was not a great combination. So what was a girl to do other then network. I posted it on Facebook I need a Frozen snow cone maker and a fish with in 30min we had a Snow cone maker. Thanks to Erica she got on line and it was ready for pick in Bryan. Not only did she pay for it but she offered to go get it because I wasn't feeling well. I told her thanks and I would ride over with her so she didn't have to go alone but I couldn't make the trip by myself. She was so kind treating me like a old lady dropping me off at the door of the store so I wouldn't have to walk. The Frozen snow cone maker was in our hand and the taste of victory was sweet. I truly felt Christmas was saved by Erica. We went to Petco for a fish because I didn't want to brave Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve. After looking and pricing different fish we picked one and even got stuff for the "disgusting" dog the kids call Lady. We went to lunch a Panora Bread the food was very good. It was my first time eating there. Erica again was so kind to get me refills on my drink. I felt like a old person, but it was awesome. She saw I was in pain and offered to help. Christmas was saved by a Christmas Angel named Erica. Matt and I donated two brisket dinners this year for auction. One to the Marquez Fire Department and one to the Mexia Catholic Church. The Deacon won the dinner at the Church for $200 and he wanted it Christmas Eve. It was 5 pounds of potato salad and two pounds of beans and a brisket. Matt had been up since 6am cooking it to be delivered to Groesbeck at 6pm. When I got home around 5 I was not feeling well at all and the house needed to be tidy up for company tonight. Matt left for Groesbeck and I set the kids down and was honest with them and said "Mom doesn't feel well and dad is in total go mode". I ask for the kids to help clean. Well 30 min later I was crying, Thomas was in the shower and Landon and Payce were fighting. Was it to much to ask for the kids to pick up? I just wanted a little help. I told them I was done and I was taking all their gifts back. Of course my kids weren't phased because they said Granny and Nana buy the best gifts. REALLY!  I just lost my cookies. Needless to say everyone got a reality check and by the time Matt and our company arrived they were back to the kids you know and love.
I had to hurry home because we were hosting the Vandegriff Family over to have a Happy Birthday Jesus Party at 7.  Desserts were on the menu, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cupcakes, candy and pies. After desserts we headed out to look at lights on a hay ride with out hay. We used warm pillows for our butts and not near enough jackets and blankets. We went to a subdivision on the lake that was a total let down on light but not entertainment. We were freezing, laughing and singing songs. Landon ask could his hair freeze and break off. It was just that cold. The older kids complained about the weather conditions and the adults seemed to enjoy their time. After 30min searching for lights we dropped off a group at the house and grabbed more blankets and picked up a few more kids and headed to Jewett. My kids had a great time and lots of houses in town had light displays. It was so cold. We ended the night at the Boy Scout Park to admire the lights in the park that Matt and his crew set out this season. I love living in the small town to hayride right down main street on Christmas Eve with no hustle and bustle just singing Christmas songs and enjoying our families together. It was 10pm and we had to head home and get ready for midnight mass. We hugged the Vandegriff's wished them a Merry Chrismtas and rushed home to get ready for Church in Mexia. On the way to Mexia Yes home of Anna Nicole Smith I think that is a cool fact to the town we go to church in. Trust me over here I'm the only one that thinks that but I loved her. Anyway back to the drive we all fell asleep other then Matt. When we arrived Matt's parents were already at the church. As we walked in you couldn't  help but feel we were right where we needed to be at 12am Christmas day. The Church was decorated beautiful. The choir did a fabulous job getting everyone in the spirit. I'm sure Father had a nice sermon but the truth is, I feel asleep. Matt nudged to me when I started snoring. Looking around the church we were the only family with kids out that late. Matt says it is a family tradition he and his brothers all went to midnight mass. So we will continue that with our kids for the time being. Church let out and the Martin's wanted to take us to breakfast but one thing about a small town there is no place to eat at 1am in the morning. So we left Mexia and made the 45 min trip home with gifts that needed to be wrapped and Santa needed to come. Even though I said Santa wasn't coming of course he was. Now it is 2:45am and Matt and I are giving this night a farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment