Pinterest

Friday, December 26, 2014

Twist on Painting with the Sharp's.


Monday was family fun with the Sharp's. Our theme was Frozen! The table was decorated Tiffany blue and black with stones and lights giving it that Christmas touch. Jana is an amazing painter and when we moved in our house she painted Matt and I a sign with our initials on it. That was the center piece I added a few white poinsettias and bam let the party begin. Our menu was breakfast for dinner cooked by the world famous Matt. We had Olaf waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy and powered & chocolate donuts. To drink we had orange juice with or with out tequila, Apple juice and milk. Nana made these awesome Ice shot glasses we sipped moonshine out of. Such a nice touch to get everyone in the Frozen theme. The margaritas were strong but good as well. Matt turned off the air so the food would be hot since he had to cook it at all different stages. We were all sweating and headed outside to enjoy a fire Thomas made. I was so hot I had to take off some of my clothes. When I came back they we're singing "tequila makes her clothes fall off ". On to the Family activities. I picked painting because Jana is such a talented artist. She painted beautiful signs for the school and Landon's birthday party.
 We painted canvas snowflakes on an idea I saw on Pinterest. You tape down a snowflake design on a canvas and the kids paint the whole canvas blue and when it dries you pill the tape off and it makes a beautiful snowflake. Well I didn't have painters tape so we used scotch tape.
 The kids had a wonderful time painting and the end result was awesome. We also painted Christmas ornaments. When the kids were done the adults painted on a canvas that Jana had sketched on. It was our version of Painting with a Twist in the middle of the country. I'm telling you this girl has mad skills. We were so happy Nana and Carroll came up to be with both our families. We even had a singing contest to " Let it go" Matt won. One more thing about Jana she is not only a talented painter she is a really good friend. She is always there to lend a ear and help. I'm so blessed to be her friend. She always knows what to say, when to say it and yes someday she has to tell me to stop screaming at her when I'm mad and write in caps. Thanks Jana for being a great friend but for being my friend.
Red is back! They are behaving better and Grace was on the table as we enjoyed our Christmas Breakfast for dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment