Pinterest

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Don't live for the Season but for a Reason


Yesterday is gone by and I didn't post a picture of Our Angel and Elf. They did let your Light shine. I bought glow sticks at The Dollar Tree and of course they didn't work, but I think the kids got the idea. I have been in such a rut since Monday. My light has not shined for Jesus this week. I guess I feel a little like a dog chasing a car. What are they going to do with it when they catch it? I chase Christmas all year and now that it is here I'm like now what. I just feel like I'm going through the motions for some reason this year. Then this happened today. I was in the local grocery store we were spending our last $23.00 till payday tomorrow on milk,eggs, bread, the essentials and I had picked up little Debbie Christmas tree brownies to put in the kids lunch tomorrow that were not on the list. When I got to the counter it all rang up $25.05 I said put the little Debbie snack cakes back and paid for my items. As I was getting our stuff and headed out to the car a man said here ma'am y'all have a Merry Christmas and he had bought the snack cakes. Landon was so appreciative he tried to give him the change in his pocket and the man wouldn't take it. I said Thank You of course. I was also blessed with a message on Facebook from a family that said they started the Elf on the Shelf tradition this year because of the Martin's. I have been working on Two projects for the upcoming week today. Sending Christmas cards to the troops over seas and  wounded warriors and also our Jesus celebration tomorrow. I had someone donate almost 100 Christmas cards so now I really need stamps. I have had two people send PayPal but if you live in the area and would like to donate stamps please let me know I will pick them up. This is a new activity I have added to our Christmas season. We have no money in the budget for it but its such a great cause.
Our Jesus celebration is tomorrow and I'm super excited about this. I really want the kids to talk to other kids about the birth of Jesus and the reason for the season.
Today Red made a snow Angel to be more like Grace. It was a lesson for all the kids. Don't try to be like anyone else be yourself. Some people will like you, some won't , but as along as your true to yourself it doesn't matter what others think. This is the only way you will be happy in your own skin. I think of myself in my skin the only thing that really bothers me is my weight. All the skinny mom's that always look perfect I'm so envious of their hair, nails and clothes. So a group of us decided to got together and do dashing through the dough (fat) this holiday. A contest to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Just something to make you feel a little better by Christmas. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up please go by the chamber it is fun for all. Reading my blog post tonight I have to laugh because yesterday I was asked was my blog an advertisement for the city. Of course it is NOT but reading it tonight I may could see where they came up to that conclusion.
Tonight Landon is wrapping gifts and making notes for his teachers how sweet is that. The Angel and all her messages are having a hug effect on the whole family and I love it.
My last comment will be about the Nucor kids Christmas Party. I tried every way to score a invite. You have to work there to be invited and Matt and I do not. They were setting it up yesterday for the party and it is Disney themed. To say it was over the top awesome was a under statement. I so wanted to go . Makes me want to get a job there so I can go next year. Payce had a outfit but no invite. I know it is a awesome thing they do for their families I just want to whine because it is a Christmas party and Disney theme!!

No comments:

Post a Comment