Pinterest

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Doing what we love in this life.



How else would the Martin's start a Saturday then at 5am. The boys got up and headed out with my dad that came up for the weekend to go hunting on family land near Kossie. Matt Headed to Huntsville to hunt at the deer lease and Payce and I started a full day of Chasing Santa. First we went to the Lake Limestone Fire Department  Breakfast with Santa they do such a great job for the kids and Matt's parents even joined us. Then we headed to Marquez for "Christmas at the Ranch". This is our second year to attend both events and we have had a great time and I'm starting to recognize so many faces. Then we went to Centerville for Lunch. I wanted to eat somewhere that we had never eaten at. We drive around and found a cafe called "Town Cafe". It had a very small town feel and we loved it. We split the special that was very good. The cafe could have made a country song or commercial. One table had a couple totally making out, one table was high school football boys being very respectful, two tables looked like widower men, the other was a married couple catching up on the week and then there was us. Great price and awesome people watching. I give this place a 10.
Now on to dance pictures. You would think this would be stress free and a fun ending to the day's activities, but No!! Our dance group hired a lady to do hair and makeup she did a fabulous job and to say Payce was in her element would be a understatement. I can't even explain her behavior. She was in rare form. It was for sure one of the times you fell in love with her or thought she was a total brat and I'm the worst parent ever. I totally blame Nicolette and KK for encouraging bad behavior. You guys were a perfect audience for her. The more they laughed at everything she did, the more crazy acting Diva came out. It was a long 3 hours with her behavior. We lost her ballet shoes weeks ago so no ballet shoes for the pictures. I'm always so close to having it together and miss the boat every time. It was great to have mom's in the group that help when I fall short. Thanks ladies!!
Payce and I get home to enjoy our Red Box Christmas movies and a evening filled with hot chocolate, popcorn and Pizza. Then my dad calls and says he is bringing the boys home that Thomas is sick and he killed a hog. When he gets here Payce has a total melt down because she wanted to go with him. Remember a few sentences up she had her make up done. Well of course she has mascara all over her face and so dad agreed to take her. DRAMA!!!! I'm exhausted. We are still sending out Christmas cards to the troops this season. If you would like to donate cards or stamps so that we may reach more please contact me. Cards and Stamps can be picked up in Leon County! With this being said I would like you to know that their was a envelope at the post office with my name on it today. Someone had donated 5 books of stamps and $30 cash to get Christmas cards. I had another lady buy one book of stamps for me. More details on my givers on Wednesday stay tuned. Yes I cried in the post office when I got the package. So me being a over achiever I would like to send 263 Christmas cards out to the troops and wounded warriors. That would be one from each person in our small town. Come on guys I need 100 more Christmas cards and stamps. It it would be like the whole community sent a Christmas card to The troops and wounded warriors. I can't tell you how awesome this project will be and to know we sent enough out to be from the whole town that would be amazing. Feeling blessed.
Ok Red and Grace were playing in Payce's horses. She was the only one hear this morning after the boys left so I came up with something she loved since Today we were all doing something we loved. Hunting, shopping and chasing Santa.


No comments:

Post a Comment