Pinterest

Monday, December 29, 2014

Do you wear a smile all year?


Tuesday was full of events. First we wanted to thank everyone that wears a smile while working all year in the Community . Red brought 3 Elf on the Shelf goody boxes to be filled with homemade goodies. The kids and I got right to work on baking and of course I burned 3 batches of cookies and ruined the popcorn. Thank God Nicole had made treats for us and I had a few things in the cabinet to fill the boxes. I really suck at cooking but I thought how hard is to make popcorn and frozen cookies? PRETTY HARD! The kids could only pick 3 people they tossed around many names Meagan from Marquez Post Office, The City of Jewett ladies, the ladies at the Chamber and I really wanted them to pick the cashier's at Family Dollar. I really let them pick.
First was Jewett's police Chief Sean O'Rielly. He seems to really enjoy the kids, donates to all the school fundraisers and really supports the events the kids participate in. Landon said he liked that he always keeps them safe at the baseball park. 
Next was Gilbert Garcia this man got unanimous vote. If you have ever been in to B&B in Jewett he is always stocking shelves, special ordering items or taking out groceries to people's vehicle . From being in a parking lot to the ball park he wears his smile proud. He is very kind to everyone that walks in that store such a asset to our community. So glad the kids at such a young age could see that.
Next was Jofran. Payce loves her!! We don't know her very well, but Payce adores her. When Payce is playing dress up her name is always Jofran. When ever the kids go in D&D Jofran always seems so happy to see them and buys whatever they are peddling for the day. We are very blessed to have met some wonderful people since we have made the big move over.
Next on my to do list was Shopping. Matt watched the kids and I headed to Bryan with Julie and her mom we went to 20 to 25 stores seriously. You learn something everyday about people I was shocked to learn all the shopping tricks and methods these these two ladies have. Lets just say they have mad shopping skills and I was so glad they let me tag along. I had to laugh writing this because the day was filled with so much laughter and we even talked about not blogging about all their shopping secrets. Invite yourself to go shopping with these two and I promise you won't regret it and you will have so much fun. I was shocked with how many people use cash to make their purchases I don't carry cash because I always lose it. When you think about it when it is gone it is gone so you don't over spend. Great idea just don't know if it works for me.
I know y'all are saying,"Thought you did layaway". Oh I do and did, but as Thomas gets older it is hard to put all his gifts on layaway. He wanted a North Face Jacket and Hurley shirt. I always save $100 for last minute gifts the kids think they can't live with out or can't go on layaway. All the kids got IPad chargers and Payce wanted a Frozen Snowcone maker and Journal. Landon wanted a game. It was an eventful day filled with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment