Pinterest

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Alive and well to board the train of life.

Today has been a day of healing. I woke up feeling like I had been in a boxing match my sides and back seemed sore to the touch. Only feeling 50% my normal self this morning I was worried if I could pull this evening off. Then about noon I had a pain I have never felt before. Rushed to the bathroom thinking I was delivering a elephant and thinking I was done for and life was going to be over in the bathroom. The pain was gone after a few minutes. It was the weirdest thing ever. Googled it and seems like I had a kidney stone. Still just a little sore. 
 Our after school event was to tell the kids we are going to the Polar Express because my family has decided not to go to Santa Wonderland this year. I have very mixed feeling about it, but it is what it is. 
The Noey family came over because they are going with us tomorrow. We told the kids tonight at the same time. To say they were excited was a understatement. We ate tortilla rolls, fruit, ham &cheese,  cookies and cupcakes and the kids loved the decorations. I used thing that I had around the house like the table cloth was just a pink sleeping bag. Carley read the Polar Express and I hid silver Bells all over the house. When the book was over the kids ran all over the house looking for the bells. It was fun to watch the kids find them and shack them to hear them ring.  Grace and Red bought a Gingerbread train kit. This was more for the big kids, but the little ones had a fun time as well. This idea however was a huge epic fail. It was very hard and would not stay together.
The entertainment for the night was the kids practicing their school program. Payce wanted to do hers alone, Landon wouldn't do his and Halle wanted everyone to dance. Matt stole the show.  Then we looked up our Elf names. Uh My name is, uh My name is "Happy Peppermint".
Then we moved on to the movie "The Polar Express". Hot chocolate and popcorn were on the menu for this and the kids got comfy and we settled in for a long winters nap.
The kids were so thankful and had the best time. Can't wait to ride The Polar Express tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment