Pinterest

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Epic Fail to the Golden Rule

Matt and I were so excited about the kids getting The Christmas Angel this morning and talking about the birth of Jesus. Well it didn't turn out quite like we had planned. Landon and Payce cried because they were so sad Red didn't come back. Landon and Matt read the book and Payce held the doll. She liked that since she doesn't get to touch the Elf. Matt and I set down and truly talked to the kids about the true meaning of Christmas they didn't get it they keep saying Red is not coming? We talked about St. Nicolas and how Santa is a giver. We talked about their behavior to each other and when they are round other people. About how God wants you to give your time or donations to others. We talked about the birth of Jesus and what we could do to make sure others knew Jesus was in our hearts. It has been an hour since the kids got The Christmas Angel they are sad they think Red is not coming because they haven't been good or given to others they promised God they would start being good. Fast forward to the rest of the day and Payce hasn't put the The Angel down and Landon out of the blue said I know what we will name her "Grace". It is growing on them a new tradition is sometimes hard on everyone. Nothing like teaching the kids the true meaning of the season and feeling like you have failed for 15 years. Such an epic fail on Matt and my part. I do believe it is not to late for the kids to learn what Christmas is all about and incorporate in their everyday life. We are so blessed for 2013 to really show Matt and I the true meaning of Christmas and now we have The Christmas Angel we have named Grace. I'm so glad this product is out to remind us during the season of God's love and understanding.
Today when I logged in on to Facebook someone had posted a time hop from two years ago today, that the citizens of our town stood up for the nativity scene in the park. It was before Matt and I arrived in town. The story goes like this City hall was in and dated with Christians standing up for a manger scene in the park because some people didn't want it on display. I'm here to report that Christians won! I posted a picture of the time hop in my collage tonight for y'all to read. I just can't believe we live in a town where people stand up for Christ openly.
I truly wish our country would still stand up for it's Christian values the way our little town did. With everything that has been happening in America of late the one thing that no one is saying is missing is Christ. We don't do or act according to the "Golden Rule" we all learned as children. To treat others the way we want to be treated.
So in closing my hope for this Christmas Season is that everyone will remember the "Golden Rule" and live it to it's fullest. If we all do that I truly feel this world will turn around and become a place that is amazing and awesome again and full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment