Pinterest

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The beginning of Our Christmas Season

To start from the beginning of us and how we got here would take years and years and a lot of laughs and tears, so I decided we should start from today. I am going to tell you about our Christmas traditions, tips, activities, funny things the kids say and pictures that makes us, The Martin's. I'm sure I will blog about years past from time to time, but I really want the blog to be about The Angel and Elf 2014. Did someone say Angel? What Angel?? We have a new addition to the family. No... Nobody is pregnant. I ordered The Christmas Angel today. We have been going to church more this year and wanted to add more of the true meaning to Christmas in our day to day routine during this season. I was so excited when I found the Christmas Angel and can't wait for our new Christmas tradition to come in the mail. However we could never forget about "Red" our Elf on the Shelf.
Santa delivered him to the Sugar Shack in Bastrop, Texas. If you have never been there it is a great locally owned and operated shop that truly cares about their customer. Drusilla, helped me set up a great surprise for the kids when Red arrived at the Sugar Shack that day. She was very dramatic about the gift Santa had left them to open when they got home. The Kid's were so excited and couldn't wait to see what Santa had left for them. Now fast forward 5 years and YES we are that annoying couple that has an over the top Elf. Everything from mini breakfast items(pancakes,sausages, muffins,etc) to Elf gifts and any mischief he could get in to around the house. Please know some morning we forgot to move him and would throw him with the hope he would land somewhere other then the floor. We have had to build an Elf hospital in the freezer because we've forgotten to move him a time or two. Our Elf is dirty, old and worn out but every time I pick up a New Elf to buy I always end up putting it back. I just can't seem to part with our, Red.
I hope that all of the good deeds that the Angel will have us do will off set Reds mischievous deeds. I am truly looking forward to the Angel showing all of us what the true meaning of this season is!!
So this Christmas season I hope you enjoy our Holiday traditions and we will try to incorporate The Angel also and hopefully you will remember the reason for this Christmas Season.
The Christmas Angel - http://www.yourchristmasangel.com/home/
Elf on the Shelf -  http://www.elfontheshelf.com/

The Sugar Shack - http://www.sugarshackbastrop.com/

2 comments: