Pinterest

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I finished my Elf on the Shelf quilt!


My excitement is hard to contain right now. I made a string quilt with pieces of material. OMG so excited! When Matt and I moved to the country population less then 900 we wanted to embrace the country life style as much as possible. October I attend a quilt show and was totally captivated with how to make quilts and all the work that went in to it. I attend a bed turning and met two local quilt shop owners that took me under their wing and taught me as much as they could in two days. For two days I took it all in and learned so much. One of the vendors was selling an Elf on the Shelf quilting kit and I joked about adding quilting to my bucket list and I would love to make a Elf on the Shelf quilt. My friend Kristy ask was I serious and I said yes and we walked off.  Well Kristy surprised me and had bought the Elf on the Shelf quilting kit for me when I left. So for the last month I have been working on it when time permitted. Today we were joined my another Elf enthusiast Shelly. I'm making two Elf quilts and she is making three and we both have never quilted before. So between Kristy, Shelly, myself and Neal I finished my very first quilt!! I can't tell you how excited I am to cross making a quilt off my bucket list. I did it, I did it, I made a quilt. Please check out these local quilt shops to get started quilting today. http://www.acowgirlquiltshop.com/ and http://www.countrylivingquilt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment