Pinterest

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Somebody stole baby Jesus and they think I have OCD!


Several of my friends say I have OCD. Obsessed with Christmas Disorder. I start decorating the week after Halloween and finish the day before Thanksgiving. I don't like to cook and people never come over for Thanksgiving so why not enjoy Christmas for two months. This year all the kids have done is grip and complain,  to the point where I was in tears thinking it shouldn't be this hard. So upset I'm like just screw it and started putting stuff in the attic. We already had three tress up that was more then enough, right??. Then Thomas ask why does Christmas mean so much to you? I stopped and went to the living room and thought what a great question. It took me some time to think about it but I think the answer has nothing to do with Christmas. It is the state of mind everyone goes in to during this time of year. Giving, thinking of others, slowing down enjoying each others company, saying hi to a stranger, generally caring and of course I get to redecorate the house in themes!! Truly though If we could all live our lives everyday the way we do between Thanksgiving and Christmas wouldn't this world be different?  So to answer his question Christmas means so much to me because I feel I see a little window to people's soul. After answering Thomas' question he was more willing to help and we finished putting all the tress up.
For the record I don't think I have OCD but you may if you come over this Christmas season. We put up Six trees that are 7 foot tall and two trees that are 3 foot tall. One village and numerous decorations. I was thinking the other day I have had some of these ornaments for over 20 years. We have these themed trees put up princess, hunting, Mickey Mouse, Precious Moments, Coke, Longhorn, Scooby, and my favorite tree is one that is all Hallmark ornaments Matt's mom collected as her boys were growing up. The decorations outside and the inside are ready for company. FINALLY!!
Our town's Economic Development and City started hosting Christmas in the Park every Thursday until Christmas. Tonight we attended it was great to see so many families enjoying hot chocolate, S'mores and local churches singing. The lights were awesome for our small town I was very proud of Matt and his crew they worked very hard. Their was one problem the town's nativity, someone already stole baby JESUS. Who does that?? I'm just so glad to live in a town that displays a huge nativity scene every year. Matt has a plan to add a doll wrapped in swaddling clothes Monday.
Payce wore her first Christmas attire of the Holiday, bring on The Christmas season the Martin's are ready. Oh yes Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment