Pinterest

Friday, November 21, 2014

The Joy of giving and rocking it on a budget.

Today I went to Bryan with a friend and did a little Christmas shopping. I had one mission to decorate Payce's room for Christmas in the Frozen theme for under $30.00. If any of you know me that is REALLY holding back. So I had to really think outside the box and look all around the house for things I already had that would work for this idea. To start with I couldn't find her pink tree anywhere that I have used for her room for years. The only tree I had was a 7ft tall green tree and of course white wire lights that go on a white tree (that I just love). I added 6 blue poinsettias at .98 cents and a large bag of cotton for $5.00 to cover the white cords. The Frozen ornaments were way out of my budget so I went to the Dollar Store and bought some snowflakes. The ending verdict is I spent $16.00 total used white wire lights on a green tree and of course I pulled it off. I am so proud of myself and to top it off my little girl thinks I'm the best mom ever!!!  The Dollar Store had snow in a can while we were there. It was the coolest thing ever. Anyway I picked it up several time and keep putting it back. By the time we finished shopping I was in the check out line and my friend checked out in front of me and donated to the "Joy of Giving" for a dollar. When it was my turn to check out I so wanted that snow in a can. The clerk ask would you like to donate to "Joy of Giving"? With my friend standing their watching me for my response I reluctantly said "Yes". Guilt giving still counts doesn't it? I so wanted that Snow in a can but I know donating to "Joy of Giving" was a much better use of my dollar.

So my question to you is:
If you give from the heart or donate because you feel guilty at the end of the day isn't that the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment